Sunday, May 6, 2007

You show me love. Part II

Do you appreciate the one you love? Do you tell that person how much she means to you? What have you done lately that made her proud of you? You know who I'm talking bout, your mom! of course :)

I remember the first time on Sunday i heard ppel talked about Mothers' day. I was very curious and wanted to know more about it. My sunday school teacher told me tt it a day for Children to show special appreciation to their mom on that sunday. (second sunday of May) So i went home thinking about what to do for my mom on that special sunday.

I tot about making her breakfast but i dunno how? i could burn the whole house down just trying to fry en egg... (hei! i was just a kid k... dunno how to operate the stove yet...) so, i clean the house on that special Sunday and gave her my hand made card from Sunday School :) It put a huge smile on my mom's face, (even though she never kept my card.. sigh..) she loved my effort and she noticed the house was so much cleaner on that day!.. (no womder i love to clean...)

My first gift for my mom was a small mirror. (its not to ask my mom please look at the mirror coz you look ugly.. my mom is very pretty k.. even though i'm not... hahaha) Her small mirror in her car was broken and i tot of giving her something useful. Small, isn't worst anything but useful and its really the tot that counts. Who would have remembered a small mirror but me :)

It feels good to appreciate your mom like that doesn't it?? It makes her feel good and it makes you feel good too. So, why don't we do that everyday? How? One thing we can do is to live our life right. Make her proud of you not just becuase of your achievements but becuase you care, becuase you are kind, becuase you are full of her love. That's why you have grown into the person that you are now.

I know i know some mothers have high expectation and sometimes its really unreasonable. Its ok, no one is prefect right? :) but know that even if our mom is a nag, they are still our mother and we should always respect them. That's one of God's commandments!

So how to make a difficult mom happy? pray for them so that they can be happy and so that they can find true joy. Pray also that you will understand why she is so difficult to get a long with. You'll never know, you may find something beautiful. Like the truth, understanding and love...

No comments: