Sunday, September 2, 2012

On Merdeka day

It was all very quiet or too quiet in KL.. Lesser Malaysian flags was raised and perhaps less post on FB on celebrating our country's 55 years of independence.. Retirement age wei.. I am sure many still love our country, but just very disappointed with our current government.. Will there be true independent?
What is the balance between having too much freedom that countries allow bad moral values to penetrate as a norm for the country verses a country restrict freedom to the point that it's ppl suffer from injustice, unfair treatment and manipulated media reports etc? It's pretty hard to stay balance n righteous in politics and governance but it's not impossible.
Integrity.. This is a value lost in time n character of ppl world wide.. We don't even understand the meaning of the word coz its so rare to find it in a person. It's so hard to live out a life of integrity now a days.. Even normal ppl find it challenging, can u imagine those that are in the highest moral responsible position? Temptation to take a short cut is and will always be there.
Reading a book that begins with talking about this word, integrity. It's mind bogging! And it's great to read and learn from the examples of ppl that lives out in integrity..
Ah Malaysia, my beloved country.. No doubt in my mind n heart that I love you.. I knew it the min I came back from my trip to Europe for 3 weeks few years back.. The moment we touch down n heard those words, I cried a little. How I miss you Malaysia. Those magic words were,"..for those who are Malaysians, welcome home."

No comments: