Sunday, May 1, 2011

A special gift for my Melissa..

On my darling Melissa's birthday... i got a special gift for her... Did I mentioned this on my blog before? LOL

I dun remember :P never mind lar.. I think I remembered telling it to 1 or 2 good friends though.. :)

Well, I was looking around for a nice gift for her 1 year old birthday.. may be you may be thinking that I'm being unfair coz I didn't really get anything for Alexander for his 1 year old birthday.. But he got more gifts from family and friends than his sister! That's why for Melissa I went to look for something special.. Something she can keep for a very long time, something valuable, something that represent her, something nice for rememberance..

I got her a Poh Kong gift! I saved up some money and got her a small gift.. Not too expensive, just a nice pendant..

Eventhough we may be a bit tight and that I still held a birthday party for her at KFC (same as her brother, to be fair).. I want to give the best that I could for her.. of course for Alexander n hubby too.. sometimes I will take out thier gifts (gifts from me, daddy or other family n frens) and think about those ppl tht had given it so generously.. and most of all, how much Alexander and Melissa will love and cherish them as they grow older.. (I hope they will!! coz they have so much more then their mommy or daddy had!) and every little gift counts.. the love and the thought from family and friends is precious and we should always remember the goodness and kindness they have shown..

I suppose I'm a sentimental kinda person.. but i dun keep things tt is too old.. to be honest.. I dun even have any toys that I keep from my childhood times.. I think it is because... it's all broken.. Thus, I dun keep broken toys.. (No point ler..) some nice a valuable things, can keep nicely.. Broken ones.. throw away lor.. Just like memories i guess.. keep the good ones but throw away the bad ones.. To make rooms for better and more wonderful memories!! ;)

Melissa, if one day you were to read this post.. promise me that you will cherish the small little pendant ya? Eventhough it is small and not worth much.. I save up hard for it, for you to keep and to remember that I though about you everyday since you were born.. (a bit hard not too since I've become a stay at home mom after I gave birth to you.. ahahahaa.. but tt's not the point!!! :P the point is.. I love you.. very much.. even when you drive me nuts sometimes..) I love you my dear Melissa..

No comments: