Tuesday, January 2, 2018

#2018week1 of #WhathaveIiearnthisweek

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! yay!!! It's 2018 and it's going to be one of the best year ever for me! (In Malaysia, this is called "SiokSendiri" or "SS".)

But anyway, welcome everyone to the new year and a new chapter of my 52 weeks commitment to my extremely weird readers, I don't know why you wanna read my blogs but nevertheless I appreciate your time and energy. My hope is to provide you into a link into my brain to see what I see or what I think so I know, WE are not alone.. You know who you are.. hahaha..

So what have I learned about this week? It's nice to have written goals. Many motivational speakers says "Yay", while some of them says "Nay".. Why I think it's a great idea.. The years that I didn't had it was one of the hardest years I go through, like I do not have an aim but to just get over the day with no evaluation on where my life was heading or where I want to be heading to..

Plus, I love to be creative with my goals or objectives.. but I think like any company, I'd like to have the ans for: "Why am I here for?" (Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren) Well..., not everyone will have this answered now, for some, may not even come in their life time. But just think about it from time to time, think about what good you bring to the world, no matter how small your contribution is I think it can give others great joy, just by sharing your thoughts..

From the why, we will be able to find out how we can do that and what do we do to achieve just that. I have a lot of different segments to departmentalize my goals.. here are some of the departmentalization title:

1) Spiritual Development
Example: Daily Prayers (15 min a day) ; Reading of the Bible (30 min a day) etc

2) Personal Development
Example: Date night with hubby (Monthly); Learn a new Skill (Music/Game/Hobbies) etc

3) Career Development
Example: Meet new people weekly (3 a week); Read/Listen to Sales & Marketing techniques everyday etc..

4) Financial Development
Example: Doing freelance work quarterly? Engaging in other business opportunity monthly? etc..

Something of the sort..

Allow me to explain, this is not for everybody.. We can agree to disagree that not everyone will like to do this or even benefit from this, but I would like to encourage you to try.. try and see if it works for you or not.. And don't just try once, try a few times and then only call it quits if it doesn't work for you.. You are not going to loose anything by setting up goals and trying to set your mind or focus your thoughts into something you want to achieve. Take it 1 step at a time and don't expect miracles.

Quote for the day: "Do the best that you can do and be the best version of yourself today & everyday." 

No comments: