Sunday, November 7, 2010

Being the bride of Jesus..

I haven't read the sermon points from my fren Jane yet.. sermon notes from her church.. that emphasizes our relationship with God to more than just being the sons and daughters of God but the bride of Jesus..
.
Having that intimate and close relationship with Jesus just like a bride would with her groom.. then I remembered the vision I had during the first Youth encounter camp.. Seeing Jesus beside me and in a romantic kinda way/ feel.. offer His hand and said: "Walk with me." Like my prince charming asking me to walk with Him in the Garden.. We were in the garden at tt time.. :D It was just sooooo romantic.. I know I have feel in love with God.. not the earthly way but spiritually in love with Jesus.. weird huh? and in that vision I reach out and hold His hand.. and we had our slow walk in the Garden.. :)
.
I do believe that we should have that relationship with Jesus.. like one who is soooo in love with another that one must hear His voice, know His heart and understand His will.. without that intimate relationship, we can only grow so much.. We cannot go deeper in love with Him, unless we really know the meaning of being the bride of Christ..
.
In the Bible it speaks of the brides that is waiting for the groom with the oil lamp.. some of them did not keep watch and stay awake (not ready) so when the groom came.. they miss out as they went to town to get oil.. It speaks about Christians who are taking things for granted, who are not prepared, those who are taking it easy and not doing God's will in their lives.. If they are not ready, they will be left behind..
.
So the question is...
Are you really ready to meet Jesus now?...

1 comment:

soles said...

I really like the way you write. I do love Jesus, and what you write about Him is marvellous...