Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Nonsense phone call..

I received a sales call today and while she was rambling about her product, I politely but firmly stopped her so she could get to her point, then she asked me, "You Malay ke? Indian ke? atau Cina yer?" That got me lar!!! "Does that matter?! I don't think it matters and these sort of question should not be asked on a sales call! EVER! I am a Malaysian!"

ok, your product may be focus Muslim travelling destination or Chinese cultural destinations etc.. But one should not ask so bluntly what race are you in a sales call to gauge your customers preference.. You should explain what you have or ask relevant questions like "What dream destinations do you have in mind?" "What kind of experiences do you look for during your travelling?" etc.. ini tidak, terus tanya "Are you this or this or that??" ello!? irrelevant and rude ok? buat marah je.. ceh.. 

Sudah, don't wanna talk about it.. 

Nah a Mandarin TEDxPEtalingStreet talk for u to understand why we Malaysian are Malaysian.. 


Yes, I have a Muslim name, a Sino-Native, speak (Mandarin, Cantonese and Hakka) and look like a Chinese, believe in Christianity and I am a Malaysian! (Don't you forget that!!!)

No comments: