Wednesday, February 5, 2014

5 years ago today...

5th year anniversary of my late mother's passing..

Family and friends asked me why did I took such a long CNY holiday this year? Am I going back to KK? In the beginning I also didn't know why but just that I needed some rest after the CNY craze but then it could be, subconsciously I really wanted to take today off to remember my late mother.. 

My mom was all about being responsible, working hard and doing the right thing.. She has a high sense of morale and standards. She doesn't give encouragements or praises so easily.. but when she does, you know it means a lot..  

I have big and flat feet :) like giant.. and my mom always says that it's a good thing because that I would be honest and stand firm on what is right (there's a Chinese saying for big feet or able to stand firm in virtue).. I am always proud to have big feet even though it's not an attractive physical feature but to me, it means more than just a lovely appearance. It means she expect honesty, righteousness and responsibility from me.. I love that! Having someone expecting something great from you is not burdensome, it's empowering.. She showed me that she believes that I can be just that and more.. 

My mom was not a strong believer of Christ but she believes in Jesus because she knows He is the most powerful and almighty God. She may not be very religious but she showed wisdom in her conduct and discipline especially when it comes to bringing us up.. My brother and I are so proud of her and we have the utmost respect for her.. like I always say, my brother made her proud while I made her happy.. but she (and Jesus) made who we are today, she made us both proud and happy because she is the best mother we could ever have and we love her so much.. (and I tell her that every time I can when she was alive..)

May my children inherent her wisdom and her gentleness. Her kindness, firmness and her beauty.. May they grow up being righteous, fair and love people (especially the senior citizens). May they be bless and be a blessing to others, just like how their grandmother Maria Kong is like.. 

I miss you mom, all the time, I miss our weekly chats (sometimes we do it twice or 3 times a week..), your kindness towards the elderly, and your flowers in the gardens (you are such a great gardener!). I miss everything about you and wished you were here to see my children grow.. 

No comments: