Thursday, November 20, 2008

What will happen when East Meets West...?? Contradictions...

As many may already know even though i am a native (bumiputra) i live my life pretty much on the East side of the baring.. Means more Chinese lar.. as for Nigel... yup!! you guessed it.. the West.. What we call "Ang Mor"...
So when our parents drop by to stay with our baby Alexander.. i get a lot of East and West Ideas on how to care of Baby Alexander... which gives me a little head ache.. Coz Nigel is not goin to listen to my mom on the having the fan directly blowing Alexander may not be as good as just leaving the baby sweating like a pig (tt is how Nigel would describe sweating when ever he sweats.. :P) as babies prefer to hot conditions than cold ones..
All I can do is pray.. pray that Alexander will be healthy and strong for anything and will not catch anything that will hurt him.. I also pray that we as parents will be able to do the right thing for him..
Oh, btw.. today i washed my hair!!! Geng geng geng!!!! My mom said at least 14days must past since my delivery date then only i can wash my hair.. so since i past already.. can d lar.. have to blow dry lor...
I do wonder, all these confinement thing is it just "pantang" that ppl in the olden days created or is it really a health issue? I think it's a health issue.. and yes i can go out and do everything as i have the energy now, but i am sure when i grow older, if i do not take care of myself now, especially after giving birth, I will suffer a lot of pain and health problems later.. but i know no matter what, I still rely on God for my health.. i just do my part and my best to keep myself fit for the long run.. that's all..
What do you think? Is Confinements Do's and Don'ts necessary? or not?

No comments: