Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My childhood CNY..

Come to remember my childhood CNY... I remembered some really good times where I spent it at Tawau where my grandparents were and many of my mom's siblings went back to celebrate the new year there together.. I was really younger then..
.
When I was older.. becuase we were very poor.. we basically avoided celebrating CNY with other ppl.. which means we dun get to go visits to receive ang pau, so my mom need not give any either.. When I mean poor.. I mean poor.. where food has always been a problem and my mother struggle to meet ends meat every month and even weeks..
.
My mom had to work a few jobs a day just to get by and I as forced to stay home alone.. locked up everyday after school... Thank God I have been kept safe with no major incidents..
.
Every CNY, my mom would go to this supermarket where we would buy some CNY food stuff and for me it was something really luxurious... and every year i see many ppl buying loads of goodies where we could only afford some can food, dried persimmons (my fav!!! still love em'), some fruits and may be some crackers.. that's it.. Then, I had a wish... :) I still remembered and it was a small prayer in my heart.. that one day, we'll have a basket FULL of things!! a trolley full of goodies and food to bring home.. FULL!!! I thought it was silly then.. ahehehe.. what I dream I thought, but smiled when I thought about this silly dream of mine..
.
But now.. remembering back.. I'm living my dream, trolley full of goodies and food for my family.. I'm so fortunate, I'm so blessed.. God heard my prayer then.. my little small voice reached His heart and He made it possible...
.
CNY is near... and I can't wait to bless others with hope.. I could only afford to give that much but believe me... God has more than The God of prosperity or even Santa Clause :D

No comments: