Friday, November 15, 2013

Interesting idea...

Read this article title that states a parent's decision to band their daughters from watching TV for a year and sent them out on 100 outdoor challenges to complete!

Great idea!!!! LOL.. but outdoor challenges some or most need $.. have to budget budget lor.. some ppl why they rather just stay home and watch TV ah, is really because nothing to do and dun wanna spend extra money.. TV already paid for.. so watch saje lar..

Of course it's great to go out and just enjoy the great outdoor, the beauty and the fresh air... NOT easy to find those in the city where I live in-- KUALA LUMPUR... I was from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.. use to stay in a small village called Kampung Sawah, next to a river! and then during my secondary school years, lived on a hill at an area call Berungis; then an area called Kolombong (near a small town); then Menggatal (another small town) and while I was studying in Uni, My family moved to Penampang.. most of the places that I stayed in Sabah when I was very young was either near the River or on top of a Hill.. it was fantastic!!! The best childhood memories was being in the great out doors!!

Last time the outdoors was the convenience.. now, it's a luxury.. especially for those who are living in the city.. Many of my family and relatives envy that I stay in KL, because of the progress, the speed and efficiency of goods and services are made available to us.. Better Salary, great food (a lot more varieties), convenient to shop and the varieties of shopping available, entertainments (the latest one) etc are very enticing! Would I live differently if I were to move back to Sabah? hmm.. perhaps I would.. Life would pass by slower and it would be filled with going out to the beach, shopping at the wet market, a jog in the evening on Sundays, meeting up with family and friends like how I am trying to do it now in KL.. but it may be easier to do it in Sabah because it is less jam and everyone seems to be nearer..

When I was like 7-8 years old, I remembered waiting for my mom during work and I saw this beautiful horse near by the field, it was a racing horse actually, Sabah people still race horses sometimes.. So I got out of the car, and slowly walk towards the horse.. she was not too scared of me then, and I was so intrigued by her that I went up very very gentle and slowly to touch her... butt! LOL.. Now come to think of it, it was SOOOOOO dangerous!!! She could have kicked me off flying and got my head injured or something.. but thank God the experience was a pleasant one.. she turned back and pimped at me a little but didn't much move away.. then I touch her again and may be it tickled her a bit so she moved a little.. I giggled at my small accomplishment.. then I slowly walk back to my car at the same time the horse ran off to her stable near by.. (i may even have talked to her like meeting a new friend.. you know how kids are.. I am those kind tt make friends with anyone and anything..)

Now, my children are not so fortunate.. mommy is so busy with her work n ministry she got less time to bring her sweetie pie out for a run and jump in the park... Haih.. I wonder what will my children remember for their childhood memories if they don't get to explore the great outdoors like their papa and mama use to.. Nigel used to set traps at his own back yard and catch either birds or lizards.. lol.. Oh what fun we use to have!! Now, the most times I see them running and laughing is when they are in the play ground, either indoor or outdoor... Last month we went to the beach once with my in laws and that was fantastic experience for my daughter but my son was screaming in fear.. I really should bring them out more often, take off their shoe and run in the sand...

honey, when is our next trip to the beach? I hope soon.. I hope every month..




No comments: