Friday, February 20, 2009

The call home...

I called my step sister, Ah Ling this morning. To see how are things going with my step dad and my step sister in law..
My step dad is busy with work and try not to think so much, like what i am doing also i guess. He usually go badminton 3 times a week but now he cut down to once a week only. May be he is trying to take it easy..
As for my step sister in law... You wouldn't believe it but she is also suffering from cancer.. kidney cancer.. She has also grown very thin but she is still very attentive and able to walk around. She gets tired very easily though. She have 3 beautiful daughters and they are very intelligent. They just move to a new school and some of them still feels uncomfortable with the place.. new mar..
I feel for them, for the 3 beautiful young girls.. i experienced the same situation. It is heart breaking to see that they have to go through this while they are still so young. Not too adult to understand the full impact yet but old enough to know the love of their mom can never be replaced. It's a struggle for them all.
They were there for my mom's funeral, they are considered my nieces. They love to take photo with Alexander... :) they give him so much attention and love... I wanted to tell them tt my mom spoke of them all the time as she is so proud of them. But i couldn't pull myself together to share tt then.. I am sure their mom is also very proud of them.. she had dedicated her life to take care of them.. she cook, she drives and support their every need. She is a wonderful mom..
I hope they will cherish the time they still have with their mom, may the Lord bless and increase their love for each other from now on...
Now... they are my only reason I call home....

No comments: