Thursday, September 24, 2009

Come home...

I dunno wht else to blog.. I feel like blogging something but dun think this is the right time yet.. ahahaha.. Dun worry, it's not about scolding somebody... :)
Even though tt is pretty tempting... I have a pretty bad temper lately so please, dun mess with me these days... You will truly regret it.. I wouldn't scold you for no apparent reason, coz if I do i make sure I am right..
But that's the thing... I remember Ben said or confessed that it takes more than being right to correct someone.. (the last part i dun remember.. correct someone older? more authority? or that's it? sorry I only remember this pat).. Without love in this rebuke, it is but a sounding gong I suppose.
Lydia Lam shared her heart last Sunday... I know her hopes and her yearnings.. I may not have a teenage child yet but I know I will one day.. It breaks my heart to hear her share hers because I understand how she feels... All that she had done was for God and her family... her sons.. Truly in the midst of heart ache she had shown unconditional love for them even as they/he broke her heart..
At this period of time, I think many of the parents are heart broken... I can tell... Coz I know their children and I know their heart's desire... They desire their children to be with them in the presence of God... They wished they their sons and daughters is close to the Lord... They pray and ask that God will still be soreign and love their children.. even though they rebel.. even though they disobey.. even though they loose all hope in God.. That God with His loving grace will not hide His face from them and their children.. that their children will one day come back and most of all.. come home...
You know who you are, children... Your mothers are praying for you.. earnestly...
They are asking you to come home...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. Yes, yes. I am the reference for scolding and admonishing people. Glad what I said stuck.

But you are right it does take more than being right to correct someone. That is something which I also am working on.

Something else I've learned recent comes from James 2:13: "Mercy triumphs over judgment." So even if I am right, sometimes it is better for me to shut up - if that is better for the other person. :)

If not, you will hear me yelling :P

Mag said...

akekeke.. thanks for confirming tt.. It's something we all need to learn and most of all do the right thing..

I've also recently learn that we should try to shut up and pray.. :D