Friday, September 6, 2013

Kids... Gotta love them and discipline them...

Do you know wht it feels like to give birth to a baby? I feel, finally I have the right to own this child.. Why? Coz throughout my pregnancy, I really do feel out of control, I mean I can do all sort of right things to make sure my baby is safe, healthy n protected but in actual fact, I hv no control at all! Wht happens in my womb I believe it's up to God to keep n protect.. As my baby grows in me, will I ever know how he would really turned out to be? Even the best and most modern tools and experiments cannot tell us for sure how my baby will turned out to be.. It can only, more or less, indicate your baby is normal, healthy or in danger... Really out of anyone's control.. 

So when I gave birth ah, Wah!!!!! The pain was so scruciating I almost fainted! I very much hate being in pain!! Hate hate hate!!! Thus, after all the trouble, pain n agony giving birth to this precious baby, FINALLY I feel the sense of ownership and responsibility that I never had before. I am committed bringing up my babies (yes, I have more than 1 baby) to the best that I could. 

And I know every mommies n daddies out there right now are doing their very best even though they feel they lack much wisdom bringing up their own children.. But rest assured that you are not alone and that you will do what is right for your children despite the inability that we posses.. Coz we love them, more than we know it, we love our children.. And no matter how others judge you and comment about your inadequacy ( yes ok, they meant well but to us it really doesn't seem like you really trying to help.) Hang in there!!! I know we go crazy sometimes with screaming children running around the house, the crying, the constant nagging of questions, wanting this and that and this and that!!! Drives us nuts! 

It is the bad times and the worst times that really make us appreciate the once a while, and ever so precious, good times.. When our children are asleep and we see our adorable little busy bees lay themselves to sleep in the still quiet night.. When they splash and laught while taking a bath, run and play in the fields, holding your hand while crossing the quiet streets, showing you the first snail they see on the flowers, holding you tight when the thunders roar... Just to name some of the very sweet moments we could share with our children.. It's really worth it.. 

Anyway, I am trying to make a point to not pass judgement on children who hv bad behaviour, coz I know they parents is doing their best.. I think we are allowed to hv our own opinions but we don't have the right to judge.. Let's support each other by not comparing our children, by respecting each others way of loving a child, by not passing judgement, by showing care, speak in kindness and act in grace. 

I am going to make a point today. To stop judging but start sharing encouragement n kindness. Nevertheless, if I see children is being disrespectful, having no manners and is out of control, I will step in. And I hope you, my friends, will not think that I am judging you or think you are not a good parent.. I know we are all good parents, giving our best.. And by me reprimanding them is my one way to support u, to lighten your burden to discipline them, so you don't need to always be the 'bad guy', and that wht you Asked them to do is wht other adults expects of them as well and not just because you said so.. Don't get up set when someone discipline your child for you out of love.. Of course if that person don't have a good relationship with you it's easy to see that they are not doing it out of love lar so I only reprimand the children of close friends.. 

No comments: