Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Know our children well and teach them accordingly...

Just witness an argument, not really an argument but rather a Japanese mom explaining furiously to another mom, a european, about her child's (roughly 7 years old) bad behaviour towards her own child, who was having the toy first. (if I am not mistaken).. 

My take.. Dun mess with Asian moms LOL!!!! Their kids may seem hopeless but the mother hen is fiercer than a hungry lion! 

Made me wonder how should I react when I could be either one of the mother on the opposite side of the table... Hmmm... 

Everyone's teaching method is different.some very proactive while some passive but both teaches a hold something.. How to balance? How to teach so our children get the right lesson? 

I believe, it depends on our children's ability to access discipline, understanding and information.. Each child is different.. If our kid is selfish, we can teach them to share rather than further enforce that, 'I was playing with the toy first so its mine!!" While on the other hand should our kid is the passive type and always give way, we should enforce to him/her that she can command respect as well, by pointing out that, by right I have the toy first an you can have it later after I am done with it.." It would be out of kindness that I share it with you not obligated.. People should appreciate that and not take it for granted.. 

Well, that's my opinion lar.. What do you think? :)

No comments: