Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chinese are immigrants?? So my children how???

If I am a Bumi and married to a Chinese, what makes my child? who is a Chinese? Foreigner ah?? What Mr. A said with much arrogance about Chinese being the immigrants is really ridiculous!! No meh??

I am born with Bumi mix with Chinese blood but of course I follow my father’s family name which gives me the Bumi rights. But saying the Chinese are Immigrants and they can always leave the country is really disturbing. Even for me, where is the saying “Satu Bangsa Satu Negara” went? Down the drain ah?? Geram!!!!

So my mom also immigrants lar? Who is born in Malaysia? At first I am very angry at the statement but right now I feel sad as why many still thinks tt way? Do you mean when we Malaysian achieve Merdeka the Chinese/India was not part of this country? Who Tunku Abdul Rahman was fighting for also? Our forefathers also contributed right? Hang Tuah? Yap Ah Loy?? Don’t count meh? I’m sure there are others that were not mentioned in Malaysian History. That is why some still thinks it’s only ONE race that have brought Freedom to Malaysia but that’s not true!!!! All races played an important role in building this nation!

You mean Datuk Lee Chung Wei, our Olympic winner is an immigrant also?? Duh..?? Who gets the credit ah?? Chinese? Malay? Indian??? Or Malaysians??? Duh???

Ok, I do agree sometimes as Bumi, as Malay, Chinese or even Indians we have these traits. Like Chinese are always like this, Bumi are that, Malay, Indians are this and that.. We have some perceptions for other races and some can be true and negative. BUT, we are all in the same boat and we need each other to make this nation GREAT. Now that many are more educated, we understand the meaning of Unity, don’t we? Then why are we acting as if we are not educated enough to understand this simple fact?

Sad lar.. really… because of his statement I have to ask my Malay friends do they think us as immigrants too? I dun think so they will think tt way lar.. If you know a another race as a good friend, I’m sure you would not think your friends in such a way.. I’m sure of it.. so I encourage we Malaysians to be friends to all races… many may say dun care what race they are lar, just make friends… I say care for what race they are, coz that is what makes them who they are and what they believe in, but let’s put away our differences and focus on what is more important.. for Friendship and Unity.

P/s: Having Buka Puasa dinner with our Malay friends tonight :D happy to be a part of a mix culture… I hope our children will have that privilege too.. :)

No comments: