Saturday, January 31, 2009

Going home again...

I'm going home again today... i am eager to go back to see my mom and care for her again but aches as i have to leave my little Alexander behind a another week b4 he and Nigel comes over here.. i will miss them dearly...
My mom's brother went to visit yesterday and some of mom's friends.. We are grateful that they came to visit her perhaps for the last time.. but i really hates it when they insist of doing what they say for my mom. I mean, i know thy do it with good intention but giving us suggestions and insisting on it will not help my mom nor comfort her.. this will only frustrate her and confuse her..
Ask me why we didn't get her to the hospital, like we didn;t want to??? My mom doesn't want to!!!! and that is her wish! who am I to say "You must go."??? We never question her decision on anything because not only we respect her but we know what ever her decision is, she have thought it through and she will be stubborn about it. SO, instead of arguing with her and trying to win a losing battle we rather support her every desire and wish.. of course we think staying in the hospital would be better, but to my mom, it's not.. she wants to be close to us and not some nurse she hardly know.
Yes, we may not be equipped with skills to take care of her and we can always stay over to take care of her in the hospital.. but how long can we stay in the hospital? We have to take shifts some more if she stays there?(need to go back and shower, cook dinner etc..) but at home we are always always there for her.. all of us...
To my mom, what is the point of staying in the hospital, it will not cure her nor make her comfortable... i know the nurses will try her best to but for my mom, she just wants to be with us and us with her...
Some even tell and ask me, why my mom never told them earlier tt she was this ill, then they will suggest 101 cure for her...this lar that lar... I really hate this kind of ppl... this is exactly why my mom never told you people about her illness... YOU TALK TOO MUCH!!!! AND GIVE UNWANTED OPINIONS!!! you only criticize her decision and that is not encouraging at all... who wants to talk to you about anything? I do not want to be rude but......... SHUT UP!!!!!! ~~ i have yet to be rude or scold anyone yet at this point... i just cut them off half way and talk about something else though... i will try to stay calm when it happens again but i will not tolerate ppl who comes in and talks and talks and talks and disturb my mom's rest... i will ask them to leave (hopefully politely...) which i have to some recently.
I think i have offended some uncles & aunties during my stay... but i couldn't care less.. i will do what I need to do, to protect my mom from these ppl...

No comments: