Thursday, June 5, 2008

Legacy..

I was just struck by a question as i was in the toilet one evening... Why must we have children? Do you know why you were born? It is because your parents love each other very much and thus you were born? but then what? I know how i came but where should I be going next?

God said, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." We were suppose to rule the world, but because of sin, the world ruled us.

We have children so that we may leave a legacy to the world and it is our responsibility to raise a child as God want him/her to be raised. As Christians, we are God's Legacy, and Jesus took upon Himself the responsibility to give us that Legacy to be God's Children again and live life as it should be. So how are we doing so far? As God's Children?

When I realized that I am God's Legacy to the world out there, I know that it is God's name I'm carrying, it is He who will be glorified for how I behave, He will be praised for all that I have done good... because I came from Him, I am His Legacy. When i fail, i too bring the devastation to God's name, when ever I sin I would bring God's name disgrace; When ever I disobey God I tarnished God's reputation. But no matter what... God still forgive, forgets and redeemed all that was lost as long as I come back to Him in confession and repentance.

Let's be realistic, how many of us think we can live a life without sinning anymore after being a Christian? No one.. That is why we need the Holy Spirit everyday.. We can't clean ourselves or be righteous on our own, we need the Holy Spirit. That's why Jesus sent Him to help us everyday, to help us in our walk as God's Legacy.

It doesn't matter how many times we fail, it matters how many time we get up and kept on going; It doesn't matter if we let God down hundreds or even millions of times, it matters when God sees you walking back to Him everytime;It doesn't matter how small you think you are, it matters how God have called you to be. Think of what matters most.... not you... not us... but God, because we are His Legacy.

No comments: