Saturday, October 11, 2008

Memories from the pass...

Was drinking this Chinese tea we have in our office pantry.. dun even know who's one.. i have been asking around but no one know's who's tea it is :P
As i was drinking, the aroma of this tea reminded me of the time when i first notice Chinese tea.
It was back in my childhood days where i use to visit my grandparents in Tawau Sabah. They drink Chinese tea like they drink water... especially this particular tea brand.. my grand father would get a dozen from the 'kedai runcit' and the small is pretty strong..
The tea brand? Should be "Tik Goon Yum" 铁觀韹(I think this is the Chinese writing :P not really sure...)
i remember my grandfather as i took this tea.. now a days i drink jasmine tea rather then this one.. reminds me what a kind grandfather i have.. I'm his fav Grandchild!!! Even though i dun like his favoritism but he was kind and loving to me.. I really dunno why.. he was very harsh with my other cousins, which i at one time told grandpa off and said he was mean to them :P (ungrateful grand "anak" !!!!) i was still very young mar.. and pitied my cousins...
Anyway.. the tea really brings back nice memories of him.. i'm sure my mom misses him too.. as he had a hard hard life that made him hard to others too.. I wished she would still be around so i may show how grateful i am for his kindness and love..
Thanks Grandpa for your love.. i will never forget it..

No comments: