Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gossiping...

You either in, or you are out!!!
.
So am I in? or out? I'm most probably the off? like.. "har? what happened? why am I the last to know?" that kinda off.. do I gossip... I could never say no, just like asking me "Do you sin?" of course yes lar.. but never proud of it.. but trying as much as I can to not to and be a better person..
.
I was a victim of gossip to.. and I know how it feels.. since young, the gossip had an impact in my life until to a point... It made me nuts!! depressed and now I know how to handle it.. I know I have overcome this thing call Gossip.. In my life, Gossip started since primary School!!! So dun you think i got enough practice on it? lol... Always being the victim and not just being gossiped but being judged based on the gossips.. because of some childish reasons people accuse me of doing.. like wht, you may ask? like not smiling when we meet; Close my eye when I look towards the person; Worst gossip!!! I said something bad about someone when I didn't!!! Gossips becomes an accusation without any basis.. Silly and petty incidence right? ya.. children mar..
But does it mean it hurt less? Of course no lar.. the whole class believed in those gossips and never consider that it could just have been a misunderstanding that it made me loose friends.. I hate untrue accusations..
.
On the other hand.. when issues that is gossiped is actual true... now what? So I am still the victim? If you have nothing to talk about, people wouldn't BE talking about you... right? Jeng Jeng Jeng~~~ Slander is always a bad thing.. but we can't stop others from talking illy of us, because we may have hurt them, without knowing.. and we cannot blame them for not being up front either.. Even though we know they should do that but before we chould say that about them... are we the same? har... if we are... then nothing to say lar.. coz if we point the finger on them, you are pointing more fingers back on yourself.. Means, we may be gossiping others also.. check ourselves first hor.. may be God is trying to make us taste our own meds.. Just think about it lar..
.
So how to handle gossip? how to take the slanders? When it's true or untrue?
What does the bible said? When you know there is a gossip.. don't hind behind it lar.. If it is possible.. go and tell your brother/sister or the person tt hates u :P that he/she had slander and that has hurt you.. if the person dun listen, bring another fren.. and if again the person don't listen.. then you may have to ask for higher authority to deal with the person.. Means you need to Confront the gossiper with Love..
.
For me if it is untrue gossip, I may take the coward way out... easier.. just ignore it.. since it is untrue... it will not stick long.. and my true frens will know me for who I am and know tt it is untrue.. I do not need to be afraid of any untrue gossips... but there is a problem with this method.. What if others (who does not really know me) believes in the gossip and they acted on it? then I am in big trouble.. .
.
How if it is true? We did made this mistake and we did put shame onto ourselves... We feel terrible, don't we... and yet our 'family' members put salt onto our wounds.. it hurts more.. we feel rejected, depress, then up set and later, disappointed, devastated then angry... you know where it leads. So, same thing, what should we do? Go to the person who started all this gossiping and found out how we have hurt them, repent, find forgiveness (sincerely) and peace in them then move on... But I know sometimes even after that, people still continue to talk or they don't forgive us.. but we did our part.. Do what ever we humanly can and leave the rest to God lor..
.
For me, I may just talk to someone else, repent and then only talk to the person I've hurt.. Coz I'm not tt strong to just go up to a person and ask wht's going on without preparing myself for the worst..
.
So, we learn from the Bible what should we do lar.. It's not easy and nobody likes to confront others.. regardless they are right or wrong.. but all I know is, it is the right thing to do when we do this in love..

No comments: