Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Revelation..

It's not really new I suppose.. but understanding this beyond understanding is something special..
.
Worship leading for more than 2-3 years now.. I really loose count of time.. I know nothing about keys, I know nothing about tempo (in fact I almost always go out of tempo, especially in the beginning of my serving..) I know nothing about linking one song to the next with creativity.. NOTHING!!! ZERO!!! thus.. I feel I am so incapable.. which in fact I am also lar..
.
All I know is sing.. but slowly and surely.. with help of experience and talented musicians.. I have improved.. I have practice my worship (for worship leading) but most of all.. I really pray for it.. To lead worship is not a simple as it seems.. God Must Be the center of the worship and our lives must reflect that as we lead His ppl..
.
The revelation that came to me like a slap on the face was that some worship service that we have in this time is not to glrify, worship or praise God.. it's to make us feel good about God.. It does not serve as a worship and praise to God anymore.. it's like a session for us to feel good about being a Christan.. and that's wrong! We should be bringing glory and really lift God's name on high!!! not just with the songs but with our attitudes and with our lives! Everyday is a worship and an offering to God..
.
In every worship we should always ask.. "Lord, are you pleased with our offerings? Are you satisfied with the sacrifice we brought?" and not.. "How do I feel after the worship? Is it a good worship for me?" haiya.. Worship is for God, not for us..
.
I do appreciate ppl coming up to me and tell me tt it was a good worship... really.. but I dun know how to react to that.. honestly.. coz i'm not doing it for you.. (not that I dun care for you..) I mean.. If God spoken to you during the worship, then it is His grace.. If you are touched by His presence, it is His mercy.. If you felt God is there with you in your circumstances, that's His love.. It is when we worship Him whole heartedly, He, our Lord is pleased, then perhaps.. (perhaps) He will bless you with all these gifts.. My concerned is-has our worship been worthy of You, Lord.. If the Lord is pleased not just for my and my worship team's worship, but for His People's worship... then I have done my part as a worship leader..
.
Leading His ppl to put aside all things and just come as ONE upon His thrown, to worship and praise Him... that is a real challenge..

No comments: