Sunday, June 6, 2010

Taxi Driver yesterday..

Guess what!! Yesterday afternoon was my first "me time" event after months of taking care of my family.. And you know wht i did? I went to do my hair :D (like last time also LOL.. but this time i went alone.. Last time my mom company me..)
.
Anyway.. will talk about my hair some other time.. (tomorrow may be?haha) I wanted to talk about the taxi drivers now a days! SO what is my complaint!? nothing! ahahaha..
.
I dun drive (yet) so I normally travelling by bus or taxi when I'm alone so yesterday when I go to the saloon, I took a taxi.. and even though he does not know where is the place I was referring too.. this old man were still willing to send me.. good oh.. old grandfather taxi drivers are more willing than the younger ones.. hmm..
.
The when i go home.. so coincidentally there was a taxi waiting at the road ride at the taxi stand :) i got in and told him to go to my place but no need (but did not ask him to make a U-turn to go to the other side of the road where my place where..) I asked him to drop me at the pedestrian crossing..
.
At the time i was not feeling too well coz the saloon was sooooo cold i was severing! literally!! i think i got a slight fever already.. so i must take meds when I get home... anyway, when arrive at the pedestrian crossing, the amount on the meter was MYR 3.60 but I gave him MYR10 and asked him to keep the change.. he was very thankful and offered to send me and make a U-turn.. I told him it's ok.. keep the money and I'll walk.. I'd like to take a walk.. (in my ill state.. ahahaha) so I took a short walk home..
.
During that walk I feel really glad with the bit I have in my purse I was still able to give.. to that taxi drive that extra could mean his 1-2 hours work.. I was watching "Bersamamu" the other day and got to know this lady who worked in a food court for MYR3 per day!!! I cannot believe it!! My little extra could have given her a 2 days leave!
.
I hope i dun seem like 'angkat bakul' here (self praise).. but what I wanted to high light is that only after I decided to give, I realized how important that small gift could have been perceived by the receiver.. how much it may help him/her.. I am going to leave my working career to pursue a home maker's life (ahahah sounds like a career change like tt...it is but, in which no salary is given when we are a home maker ei.. sad).. So money for me will be limited.. but I hope I can still choose to give something to someone out there something meaningful and useful..
.
Thank you Lord for the blessings you have poured out into my life.. in all areas no matter good or bad I will still praise you.. You have test me and know my heart but continue to do so, so that I be glorify you in the way I was meant to be.. You promised that I will be successful (in what I'm still searching), I would be like child sitting in the back seat and ask You Lord, " Are We There Yet??" ahahaha.. and I think Your reply will be.. " Not Yet Dear." :D "okie..." Amen..

2 comments:

Slim said...

That's great!! I also donated the other day while at a red light to one of those homeless associations who are always collecting, day and night, and just managed to give a dollar (I'm a college student so I save every penny!). Anyway, the guy was so thankful and wished me a blessed day, it made me feel happy for the rest of the week for having done something good for someone!
A dollar for me could mean a small lunch from McDonalds but for someone else might mean an entire healthy meal! :) Feels great to give!

*+* Carmen *+* said...

nice gestures ... big heart too.