Saturday, October 16, 2010

Parents vs CPY

We had a group discussion the other day in our youth group.. and some commented that parents are always (if not most of the time) very judgemental.. They will 'pour cold water' (discourage) at young dreams, inspirations and desires.. They do not listen to reason and jumps to conclusions... They don't give affirmation when it matters the most and the list goes on and on..
.
I use to believe that too, but I only have a mother to rely on and wht ever she says was absolute! It was my all! It is the only truth I believed in! She is always right! She was my everything..
.
Did I ever rebel? slam the door.. hard? lie? disagree? talk back? shouted? etc to my mother.. shamefully... yes.. becuase I was young and inmature.. I didn't know how to control my temper.. I tried to be the best daughter for her but I always fall short.. I seem to always disappoint her and that she always gets angry or up set with me.. It seems so hard to meet her requirements.. why is it so hard to please her and why my brother doesn't have to do tt to gain her love and trust but I need to... I just dun understand..
.
BUT.. as I grew older.. I understood that my mother love me differently from my brother.. and not in an unfair way.. it's just different... she may be strict with me and demanded a lot from me.. but that made me a better person inside out.. Not that I'm a better person than my brother.. no, it's not tt.. I'm just a better person than I was before, and no matter what my mom had done for my brother, I believe.. he is also a better person than he was before.. and eventhough life may be unfair then (coz i do most of the hard work at home.), I think life is fair now :D (with all the joy in my heart!)
.
So young ppl, don't be discouraged if our parents disagree with us.. Don't be sad if they disappoint us.. Don't be angry if they step on our toes.. Don't be.. No matter what.. they are family; respect them as they deserved to be respected; honor them for they have sacrificed for us all; love them for they have loved us with what ever means they know how..

No comments: