Thursday, June 13, 2013

Father's day this Sunday..


It's not easy to please a father yet at the same time it takes very little to please him also.. 
Complicated? yes.. 
The only thing that matters to a father is what he deems most important to him.
We get that done, everything else is additional.
Some fathers I can see have very very high expectations toward their children.
Some of those expectations scares me because it's really scary!

I suppose since the child is part of you, as a father, you will know his/her limitations. 
but I always question how to motivate or push our children to do and to be the best they can be in the right way.. Not in the negative way coz they would be really scary.. coz by doing that in the end, will drive the children away from us parents.. Is it by living enough? No need to tell or teach, just live like how you want them to live and then just let them figure it out on their own.. too slumber don't you think? 

We must teach, guide and most importantly discipline. Something I too still learning.. 
I love to eat salad.. i eat it all the time.. but My kids don't even want to give it a try.. So do i force it on them to eat salad with me as much as I can? there's some techniques others may have used like, give it to them when they are really hungry and have nothing to eat but salad.. ahahaha interesting right?? I could do that if i had the patience too and parenting is not just me doing all the work, my hubby must also support the idea and the culture that we want to bring into the family.. My hubby hates salads.. we almost have the opposite taste of almost a lot of things.. food, entertainment, holiday locations, leisure preference etc.. how to feed my kids salad when daddy don't even touch it? :( hard! but not impossible!! I will not give up!! hahahaha

It may not happened right away or as fast as I want my children to eat healthy, but I believe if I keep at it and persistently influencing them to eat healthy, eventually I believe they will eat and better, learn to love it.. If i force and force and force which sometimes I do but not as often, they may grow up hating the sight of a veggies.. like me and one of my friend.. don't even want to try ordering fish if we can avoid it.. LOL.. 

Still I am not sure if I am doing the right thing coz there are family and friends out there still insist that I must, the word is MUST force them to eat..  Eat some and as much as they can, yes, i understand its a must.. and some people has done it so well!! (i really must learn from these successful parents) but for me, it's not that easy because both me and my hubby have different preference.. 

Just like what the picture is saying "one day our children will follow our example rather then from our advise.." (I hope they will take my lead to eat healthier food later in their youth..) Just like no matter how we hated what our parents did to us? We still continue doing it to our own children.. perhaps, that is the only way we know how to teach from our own childhood??.. unless we have a renewed mind and learnt something different to do it through a better way.. 

Another question came to mind.. Why the western culture have very brilliant ideas and techniques to teach their young children etc but when they turn teens, they become someone else totally and the parents can't say  or do anything to stop it? hmm.. of course not all but more problems teens from the western world then in Asia.. right? or only those that was not taught properly during their young aged turned out to be so? Is it caused by the different in teaching and nurturing techniques? or Culture? or timing? or what? anyway.. let's keep this topic till next time..
ta for now..


No comments: