Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Never knew I would see this..

I had never seen anything like it.. it was so sudden and it was really scary.. scared me when I woke up in the middle of the night because od some noise coming from my 15th floor window.. Sounds like a concrete collapsing, I thought it was the bridge.. (which is for the big ‘longkang’ behind my house..) but when I went outside my room to have a better look… I was shocked!! To see this..
.

I can feel the heat and hear the zinc crashing down… people were calling out to each other for help or to do something useful.. The first thing I did was to wake up Nigel and ask what should we do? Should we head down? Then I change into a proper clothing and prepare to leave in case anything happens..
.
Then Nigel and I stand next to the window and keep an eye on the fire.. it was about 333am, Sunday morning.. (That was the time my recorder recorded).. the firemen came may be 5 min later but the fire was really really HUGE! The smoke was humongous! Thank God the wind blew it to the other side and not towards our place.. if not, our house would have smelled like roasted duck.. The burned type…

I really Thank the Lord for His Protection.. When the fire was burning, I went into Alexander’s room where he was sound asleep.. he doesn’t know and he doesn’t need to know.. he can lay down and sleep soundly.. :) Praise The Lord…

2 comments:

Madeleine Toh said...

Oooo... hope you guys are okay. Where is this fire? Past the river?

Mag said...

it was on the right hand side of our Heritage condo (when you face the main gate).. it was a factory or something.. HUGE fire blazing like nothing could stop it.. thank God the wind was blowing it to the other side.