Monday, September 27, 2010

Love being a home maker ;)

I know many ppl will find it hard to understand why I would really want to be a home maker when I have an out going personality, love to work (for the money) and good at what I do... Furthermore, from my back ground, I would be the last person who wants to risk myself just for the family or for the hubby... but I made a promise with hubby, either one of us work, the other must stay home and take care of our children.. and I think.. now is the time for him to move in his business/career and that I keep my promise..
~
Besides that, I've prayed and talked to my mentor about the struggles I have with this matter.. being a stay at home mom is REALLY not easy! Feeling insecure will always creep in because the money is now earned from hubby.
~
Furthermore I see my friends managing well by sending their children to childcare everyday.. but inside me I knew I should stay home and be with my children is the right thing to do.. (I am not judging mother's who have to work and send their children to childcare.. don't get me wrong.. my mother was a full time working mom and I was sent to be taken cared by someone too and I respect my mother to the max!)
~
I didn't know how God will ans my prayer.. I just need His assurance that what I did was the right thing to do for my family.. Then I read some books (talks about raising positive children and First Born), and the author specifically said that 'one of the parents should stay home to take care of their kids.' God is really awesome! He ans my concerns and clear my doubts.. I'm so thankful now that I am more focus and more certain on what to do..
~
Finance will be an issue, but I thank God that we can live without a lot of things.. that part, I need to learn more.. :P since I love to shop and travel, it is really like a long term fasting akakaka.. fast from shopping and travelling.. but i know it will be worth it.. I'll need to learn to spend less and maximize what ever we have... and we are so thankful for family and friends who gives and gives and gives.. It is such a blessing..
~
And.. one of the greatest thing about being a Home Maker is this...
~

...getting to see my little babies (Alexander and Melissa) grow everyday..

1 comment:

Slim said...

What a lovely post. I'm still in college, getting married soon, and have been thinking about that as well, and I like you, feel that family is very important to me and i would like to raise my children instead of sending them off to someone else.

Thank you for the inspiration!!

And what a cute photo! :)