Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Time flies.. hmm.. or does it?

Is time pasting fast or slow? Is 2 years a long time? or short?
.
Ahahaha we are married for two years now :D normally no real celebration, the day will still goes the sames as before.. wake up, go work and come home..
.
Last year, we celebrated it with Alexander Full moon in church... LOL.. this year.. we need to go for my bb medical check up... LOL.. sure got something to do on tt day... :D and it would involve our children.. but not our anniversary celebration...
.
Two years is not as long as you may think but we have been together for about 8 years... So, if we count the time we spend together.. It's pretty good..
.
From the years I've known Nigel.. we learnt and grown together.. we are not without differences.. in fact! we are almost total opposites... he likes meat, i love veggies; he loves the cold, i like it warm and hot; he likes Chinese food (not soup); i like western food (but love Chinese soup); he loves to stay at home, i'm the social type; he loves the TV and his computer, I love the great outdoors and picnics; he likes the nigth, I adores the mornings; He enjoys dinner most, i love having breakfast.. ahahahah and the list goes on and on and on... this is just our likes and dislikes... I haven't got to our differences in character yet!!! :D
.
Not to say we had it smooth and romantic.. (trust me.. Nigel is not the type that sends flowers and cards... he only send flowers to me.. 3 times in our 8 years of relationship.. once is the first date, second to say sorry.. and 3rd!!! on my bridal shower.. coz Tien CHing and Michelle ask him to.. LOL) We had it rough actually, some of our AIA frens didn't even thought we would made it this far.. not tt to prove them wrong.. really it's not.. I do believe them when they had that thought coz it was truly impossible for these two opposites to live and stay together..
.
All I can say is that it is possible if we allow God to be in the center of our relationship.. Nigel may not have memorized the word in the bible like many great Christlike man. But Nigel has come a long way in making himself better and trying to be a better person for us and God.
.
As a wife, I cannot always complain.. I will of course, in so many ways and in so many things.. but I do try to be the good wife, partner and friend God wants me to be.. every time i have a complain.. I will tell Nigel about it.. then remember the vow that I made on our wedding day.. I still remember one sentence that is vital in our marriage.. and that is to respect him..
.
I know as a women, it is sometimes very hard to respect the men.. coz we are so capable.. ahahahaha (perasan) :P but he is the head of the house and he must be respected.. but men too need to take up his responsibility lar.. if he is not.. we the wife need to encourage a bit lar.. nag a bit bit enough d.. not too much.. (I always tell myself tt.. so i always count how many times i actually talk about certain issues :D) but if it is out of hand and husband not doing anything to improve.. then perhaps need to seek outside help lar.. but try our very best first lor..
.
Remember that we married a fallen man... not an angel!!! they are not perfect in so many ways.. and so are we... but I believe in doing the best that we could possibly can for our hubby with God's help is the key...
.
I am still learning to be a better wife and companion for Nigel..
I pray Nigel is doing the same for me too :D
.
Happy anniversary darling... I love you~~~ :*

No comments: