Friday, April 6, 2007

I wonder.....

I remember the first time i went looking for her. As I walk slowly in tears trying to find her, i almost stumbled, then there she was.. washing plates. Smiling at me like it was nothing wrong she gave me a hug and carried me to comfort me.

That was the earliest memory i have about her. i don't know how old i was then but i was definitely still too young to walk properly. Hope you already know who am i talking about? my mom!

We had a hard life. My dad walk out on us when i was only 4/5 years old. (i think? about there lar..) my mom had to work as a maid to support our daily living. She washes other people's clothes, clean their houses, cook for them etc... once a while i would follow her on her daily job. i would help her wash some of the clothes so she she wouldn't be too tired. Helped her wipe the windows and clean the dishes.

On Sundays, she would go to the morning market and sell flowers. She is a great Gardener! The flowers that she planted always blooms so beautifully. No one in the flower market have the bloom like my mom's flowers. Every Sunday morning at about 4am, we'll wake up and get ready to go to the market. we'll reach there about 530 to get a good place. then we will sit there until about noon for less people were around.

I wouldn't say i'll miss those times. hahaha coz those were pretty hard times for us. But i learn to appreciate the hardship and perseverance my mom and other people have to endure. Especially single mothers. its so hard raising up a family alone, sometimes not only other people accuse you, your own flesh and blood rejects you. Its depress to be in this situation. But it didn't get to us.

We have a great life! We lack somethings in life but we never lack love and care. Sometimes people say nasty things about my mom but even at my young age, i was fierce!!! i will not sit there and listen to people who have no heart criticizing my mom or anyone else bout their lowly occupation or situations. I will speak my mind! Respectfully.. of course. They are my elders and i will not show any disrespect and bring my mom shame. I simply said that want she is doing isn't a sin, (i go to Sunday school then) and she never hurt anyone. She do her work well and her employees liked her very much. So there! (not much, but what can u expect for a 7,8 year old?)

God says: " Honour your farther and mother...." No matter in what situations you are in with your parents; no matter how lowly you think your parents' job is; no matter how other parents seems to have it all; no matter how your parents doesn't have anything. They are your parents, you represent them. How you act and carry yourselves will determine how you bring them pride or shame, not the other way around. Got that!?

Happy Everyday Mom!

No comments: