Friday, April 6, 2007

You show me love I

I knew of this person ever since i was born. Since primary school i wil go & visit him every year 4 my holiday. In the beginning, i never seem 2 remember him at all. Who he was & why i hv 2 come 2 Tawau every year? May b because i was 2 young 2 remember or it could b tt i only concentrate on the action & fun of my holiday than the ppl around me.

Can you guess who he is?

He is a loving man. He loved me & my brother very much. He'll do anything 4 me & my bro becuase we were so precious 2 him. i make him proud by being bold & daring! Obedient & treat him with respect! He brings me around wit my other cousin sister 2 sing 2 his frens. (sing children songs.) In front of his frens family & friends. I can see through his smiles tt he was so proud of me.

1 fine day, I saw how he execute a squirrel. (Becuase He hv a lot of fruit tree, a squirrel is not considered as a pet. Its a PEST!) The squirrel r caught in a cage & the cage (made out of steel wires) is only as big as a shoe box. Wit the squirrel stil inside the cage, they put the whole cage into the water. The cage sank into the bottom as the squirrel was strugging for air! it was a cruel & slow death. i cried so hard after tt incident tt i keep asking why must we kill it tt way.

The next day, we caught another squirrel & i begged him not to kill it. i promised i will take gd care of it & feed it EVERYDAY. He looked into my teary eyes & said "ok". Yea!!! i have a pet squirrel!! so happy! So began my first day of squirrel raring. Its not as fun as i thought ok >:( the squirrel is not tamed & it bites! After 2 days i hate the cute furry animal. so i left it there & totally forgot about it.

After a few days, as i was jumping down the stairs i suddenly stop as i couldn't believe my eyes!!He didn't see me standing behind and He was feeding the squirrel not to mention showering it with water (giving it a bath i guess.)
i was stund by his love 4 me. He took care of the squirrel just becuase i wanted the squirrel, even though he hates the little furr ball & normally kills it. He spend his time cleaning the cage, getting food 4 it & bathing the fella because of me. He didn't want me 2 feel sad or cry if the squirrel die.

I stood there for a while, looking at him from behind, i got tears in my eyes. Hv any1 been so kind? Someone who loved you so much that they will put thier own interest and agenda a side just2make u happy, just 2 c tt smile on ur face & tt twinkle in ur eyes? This is the first time i feel a love that was so pure, true & noble.

A love only a grandfather can give...
It has been over 20 years & i still remember that day... the day I was touched by an angel.

1 comment:

BeCkY** said...

it was touching.. serious!!
Ur grandfather is so good to you..