Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Have problem sleeping? Listen to this...

Brush your teeth, turned off the lights, as you lay in your bed, close your eyes and listen to this.. May it be your sweet prayer to the Lord tonight.. Sweet dreams dears... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvY6D34eRhY

When I was in my teen, I attended a youth group in Likas, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I don't get the teaching because it was in mandarin and my mandarin sucks, big time. But some how I felt God's peace and presence the minute I sat in the van that fetched me to the evening youth service.. Starts about 7pm or 730pm if I'm not mistaken.. 

There was one time, I had been missing youth meeting for a long while, for some reason, I called up and told them I will be going on that particular Saturday. As the van drove closer and the minute I sat down, I can feel God's overwhelming presence.. My eyes was watery and I cannot explain what I felt inside but it was beautiful and I could cry my sorrow away silently.. no one in the van knew I cried, no one bothered I guess but I knew God know.. because He was with me that day, in the van, waiting for me to go see him.. 

But I knew now that He was all along with me, He knew why I have been troubled and in sorrow.. He was there when things went wrong and I faced challenges that was beyond me.. He was there when I tried to be strong for my family and friends; He was there when I life lift me up and throw me down and I shattered like an egg on the hard floor.. He was there always.. But I was not aware of His presence... Until I decided to sit down and be with Him...

Now, I can't say that I always feel His presence 24/7 but I know, I really know, that He is there always.. the difference is that I will try my best to remind myself that "Hey, Jesus is here.. Don't worry. Do your best and He will handle the rest. His presence is here. His love and grace is here. He Is Here.." 

The song As the Deer (the normal version) , touched my spirit so deeply during one of the youth meetings in my teens that even though we keep repeating the song the whole night, I didn't get bored with it.. it just ministered to me and I could see myself exactly like the deer, thirsting for water.. wanting to drink from the living water, the provider of life and giver of all things good.. It was beautiful and it was never the same again when we sang the same song now.. The song has always reminded me of this moment.. the moment that I could only explain it through the senses of my spirit and my heart; logic nor wisdom cannot make sense of. 

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts.

No comments: