Saturday, January 4, 2014

"I hope you never forget that."

Today I only read 2 pages of the book IN THE EYE OF THE STORM by Max Lucado and with only that 2 pages... I cried.. 

Those words, that story, it's truly heart felt.. Reminded me that I too understands, it reminded me the day I took Gigi, an abandoned dog, into my care.. Even though she bites until I bleed and my flesh turned blue black, even though I already planed to give her back, even when I knew she was old and half blind.. I still took her in, my bf (now hubby) and I decided that we could not give her back to her old, irresponsible, heartless owner.. And even though we only had her for 6-9 months, we truly loved her.. When she left us, we were heart broken.. It was painful and agonizing.. But that didnt stop me from loving again..

Few months later, we saw a puppy, bigger and older than the rest of the little puppies in the glass window.. She looks so much like Gigi! (Majority white with off white patches) But a younger version of her.. She smiles, she has so much patience with the other little puppies (while they were pulling and biting her tail in playfulness, she just let's them and plays with them too.) she is gentle and sweet.. She was the last one in her batch and all her siblings has been taken except her...

Because she is half blind...

We took her home that very same day and we named her Daisy because she is like the flower that smiles to you in the morning.. :)

In a week, my Bf surprised me with another puppy!!! Black and white fur ball!! I was like "why did you get another dog?" He said he just wanted to have a look see at a place where they sell the puppies.. This gal was also the last one in her batch, she looks ugly, that's why no one took her. He wanted to walk out but after looking around the place and the living conditions of other animals there, he couldn't abandon her, so he brought her home and be Daisy's companion.. :) we named her Minie.. 

So now, until today, after dating, my wedding and gave birth to 2 beautiful kids.. Daisy and Minie is still with us.. 

Besides knowing that Jesus knows how it feels like to be unwanted, unpicked, unpopular, abandoned etc.. I can relate to those moments too.. And it shows, it reminded me, that is why I choose Daisy and Minie.. That's why Jesus choose me (and you). Coz He knows how it feels.. I hope you will never forget that, he choose you and He knows how it feels to be you...

2 comments:

Carmen 012-2338525 said...

Bravo for yr loving n gentleness. .. keep it up!!

Mag said...

Aiyo.. pai seh lar.. lol.. Didn't think anyone I know would be reading my blog Carmen.. Thank you for your encouragement..